Youth Entrepreneurship Symposium 2017
Youth Entrepreneurship Symposium (YES) is an annual youth-run entrepreneurship symposium organised by nEbO for youths aged 17 - 25. In its 10th edition this year, YES has been able to mobilise many entrepreneurs from different industries to come together to impart their knowledge and skills to the aspiring student entrepreneurs-to-be from various tertiary institutions. Through this event, the students will not only be exposed to different business fields and equipped with relevant skills, but will also be able to explore their internship or part-time opportunities in the entrepreneurship start-up scene.
About YES 2017
This year, the theme of YES 2017 is “Entrepreneurship as a Career” with an aim to encourage entrepreneurship as a future career choice for youths. As such, the programme will include equipping them with the skills needed to kick-start a business, hear from entrepreneurs on their inspiring stories and backend operations to widen their prospective to entrepreneurial businesses. Hence, there will be keynote speakers sharing on their experience and challenges faced through their entrepreneurship journey and how they paved their path to success. Further, the networking session will be a great platform for participants to explore part-time & internship opportunities from start-ups.
Takeaways for Participants
1. YES equips the student entrepreneurs with essential and practical business tools.
2. YES continues to bring together student entrepreneurs to explore the modern entrepreneurship, network and exchange business ideas.
3. YES encourages student entrepreneurs to explore and venture to entrepreneurship career.
Key Event Highlights
1. Keynote and dialogue sessions: Start-up 101, Entrepreneurship as a Career, Discovering Modern Entrepreneurship Issues, Scaling Your Start-up
2. Practical business workshops: Digital Age Marketing, Perfect Your Busines Pitch, Business Canvas Model
3. Start-up mentoring session
4. Quick Pitch Challenge
5. Networking session with internships and/or part-time opportunities in the entrepreneurship industry
During the first day of the event (13th June), participants are required to form their own team of 3 to 5 members. Participants with business ideas will pitch to other participants so that they can form a business team. On 15th June, participants can build up their business idea with the help from mentors. On 16th June, participants will pitch their business ideas at the Quick Pitch Challenge session. Top 6 finalist teams will pitch at the Quick Pitch Challenge Finale.
15 Prizes to Be Won
Winners of Quick Pitch Challenge: Champion Team ($2,000 cash), 1st Runner-up Team ($1,000 cash) and 2nd Runner-up Team ($500 cash)
Fringe Award: Best Co-operative Model Team ($500 cash) and Best Education Business Plan
For more information on YES 2017, you may contact the following nEbO advisors:
Ron Tan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eileen Ho: email@example.com
Melissa Cheng: firstname.lastname@example.org
|» Login or Join Us to post a comment|
|Loading more comments...|