Make Decluttering Part of your Daily Routine!
Make decluttering part of your daily routine!
Here’s why you should do this: the more often you declutter, the less time it will take.
1. 30 MINUTES IS ALL IT TAKES
Take 30 minutes each week to focus on decluttering your bedroom - you can do it all in one sweep or break it up into three 10-minute sessions over the week.
- Start with your nightstands, removing items that need to be trashed or recycled.
- Do the same for your dressers and other surfaces.
- Put any items that are out of place back to their proper rooms.
- Place dirty clothes and linens in a basket and return any clean clothes to the closet.
- Go through the drawers in your nightstand and dressers, sorting appropriate items into the recycling and catch-all bin.
2. WEED OUT YOUR CLOSET REGULARLY
Take an extra few second to hang up or fold the clean clothes lying around and wash the dirty clothing.
The best way to avoid clutter in the form of clothing, shoes, and accessories is to buy less.
Try to get rid of items you don't regularly wear rather than putting off those decisions for another time.
3. CONTAIN CLUTTER
Bedrooms tend to collect a lot of one-off items like watches, earrings, books, and trinkets.
Sort, organize, and store these items out of sight by using trays, bowls, and baskets to hold jewelry, glasses, and other items.
4. INVEST IN FURNITURE WITH STORAGE
Ran out of storage space in your cbabinets or closets?
Turn to alternative solutions, such as furniture with built-in storage.
An upholstered bench at the end of the bed not only provides a place to sit when putting on your shoes, but can also hold those shoes—or extra linens, towels, or anything else that you need a place for!
Start the new year with less clutter! Try it out and let us know how it went in the comments below!
Posted by nEbO Admin on 3 Feb 2021, 1:00 am
|« A Toast to End 2020!||International Day of Happiness »|
|» Login or Join Us to post a comment|
|Loading more comments...|