Handmade From The Heart: Mother's Day Card
Looking to make your mother a handmade and heartfelt popup card for Mother's Day but are not sure where to begin? Check out this comprehensive step-by-step guide by Martha Stewart.
1. Cut seven 4-inch squares of paper in desired colors. Fold a square into quarters. Fold down 1 flap diagonally; flip the square of paper over and fold down the other flap, forming a triangle as shown. Print petal template; trace it onto the triangle, and cut out. Unfold, and cut 1 petal from flower; close gap by overlapping petals on either side and securing with glue stick. Repeat with other squares.
2. Attach pieces of double-sided tape to petals, as indicated by dots. Start sticking flowers to one another: Flowers B and C each overlap a petal with A; then flower D goes on top, completely overlapping A.
3. Attach flowers E and F to the stack to overlap B and C.
4. Attach G to the top, overlapping D. Cut out some freehand leaves from green paper, place double-sided tape on the bottom, and attach them to the flowers.
5. Cut a piece of card stock into a 10-by-6-inch rectangle, and fold in half to form a card. Place the folded flower stack inside of the opened card as shown. Place a piece of double-sided tape as shown; close card, and press firmly to adhere. Open card and repeat, attaching the other side of the flower stack to the inside of the card.
And that's it! There you have it, your very own unique popup card to surprise Mum
Posted by nEbO Admin on 22 Apr 2019, 6:22 pm
|« Lights Off, Do Your Part!|
|» Login or Join Us to post a comment|
|Loading more comments...|